STI COMPANY PROJECTS
- STI scientists in the world's largest safflower breeding program at Montana State University have developed NutraSaff™ safflower seed especially for bird feed markets. This non-GMO product was developed without the white hull, is an enriched birdseed, and has a 30% higher fat content than traditional safflower.
- We have a unique program to produce identity-preserved oils; STI contracts the oilseed through an intensive agronomic program with the producer, then segregates the genetics all the way from the field through the processing of the seed into oil. These identity-preserved protocols include targeting key growing regions and an elaborate agronomic program that produces consistent seeds and oils to meet end-use requirements.
- STI is offering a high oleic, low saturate safflower oil (Healthola) that is lower in total saturates (6%) and higher in oleic fatty acid (up to 85%) than olive oil, Canola, and any other available safflower oils. Healthola safflower oil is a natural, non-GMO safflower developed in the USA by Dr. Jerald Bergman and released by Montana State University. Healthola safflower oil contains 0% trans fatty acids, an important health trait. STI has acquired the foreign patent and marketing rights for this premier safflower oil, and holds marketing rights in Europe, Canada, Japan, Australia and other foreign countries.
- STI has developed a strategic alliance with a third party breeder to produce hybrids, which can offer higher yields and a wider range of genetic traits to supply high oleic safflower and high linoleic safflower to the international markets.
- STI sees great opportunities for application in the cooking oil, infant foods, snack food, spray food coatings, cosmetic, pharmaceuticals, and nutritional supplement markets, since the oil provides unmatched health benefit qualities.
- STI is focusing on developing new international marketing partners to introduce these premier oils to the marketplace. STI believes these high quality oil traits will provide international marketing companies a superior product whose oil qualities are far superior to other products in the marketplace today.
Copyright ©2015 Safflower Technologies LLC.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED